Guidelines for National Patient Safety Goals Assignment
This exercise is designed to increase the students’ awareness of the National Patient Safety Goals developed by The Joint Commission.
Wednesday morning 2/17/2016 at 11.00am
1. Select a Speak Up brochure developed by The Joint Commission. Follow this link to the proper website: http://www.jointcommission.org/topics/speakup_brochures.aspx.
2. Write a short paper reviewing the brochure. Use the Grading Criteria (below) to structure your critique, and include current nursing or healthcare research to support your critique.
a. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, double spaced, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
3. This assignment will be graded on quality of information presented, use of citations, and use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
4. Create the review using Microsoft Word 2007 (a part of Microsoft Office 2007), the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2007 document because it will end in “.docx.”
5. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper- and lowercase, bold, centered).
b. Summary of Brochure
c. Evaluation of Brochure
Preparing the Paper
The following are the best practices in preparing this paper.
1) Read the brochure carefully and take notes. Highlighting important points has been helpful to many students.
2) Title page: Include title of your paper, your name, College , NR224 Fundamentals—Skills, faculty name, and the date. Center all items between the left and right margins, beginning approximately 3 inches from the top margin.
NOTE: This style of cover page is required by the college and is a variance of APA formatting.
3) Use the CCN library or online library to find current nursing research that supports your findings.
4) The brochure you select must be properly cited in the body of your paper and on the reference list.
NR224 Safety Goals RUA.docx Revised 2/21/2014 tz