What are some of the reasons that intellectual property requires different legal protections than tangible or real property?”
Essay Discuss the propriety of each of the following actions by management:
Legal Process Kevin “In our continuing case with Scott Mayo (the accused) and Basil Scowen (the victim), Mayo shot Scowen after an argument ensued. Based on the known facts at this time the police appropriately arrested Mayo based on probable cause. The probable cause utilized in the arrest is Mayo being in possession of a firearm, verbally confessing to shooting Scowen, and witnesses providing eye witness verbal statements on various aspects of the events leading to the shooting. The totality of all these things combined give a reasonable objective person belief that Mayo shot Scowen. The police did not violate Mayo’s constitutional rights in not reading him his rights so long as they did not ask him any incriminating questions or questions that can be misconstrued as incriminating. If Mayo decided to talk about the shooting that would fall under a “sudden utterance” rule. After Mayo completed his utterance, then the police would need to read him his rights. It is assumed the police conducted a search incident to arrest of Mayo and based on where he was that search was most likely of his person and any area within arm’s reach. That said, if the police then searched Mayo’s vehicle without consent or a warrant THEN Mayo’s 4th Amendment right would be violated. However, that does not seem to be the case here.
Gamble v United Stated “Complete a case essay on any United States Supreme Court case that involves an interpretation of the Constitution – this encompasses most of the cases that come before the Supreme Court. However, please choose a case that was heard by the Supreme Court from 2009 to the present. Again, please do not choose a case that is older than 2009. This will help ensure that you are writing your essay on current, relevant case law.
– Your essay should be around 2 pages and contain the following information:
– Who is involved in the case?
– How has the case moved through the legal system (who filed it, in what court? What appellate court heard it? How did it get to the Supreme Court?)?
– What was the issue in the case?
– What did the Court decide? (note that the US Supreme Court is called “”Court””, not “”court”” and not “”SCOTUS””)
– What was the Court’s analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
– Did any Justices dissent, and if so, what did they have to say?
– What is the impact of this case?