For this assignment, you will research an Nurse Practitioner role and summarize your findings in a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title page, references and appendices):
•Focusing on the specialty for which you were admitted to South University, select an advanced nursing role to research (Nurse Practitioner).
•According to the NPSGs (National Patient Safety Goals), distinguish the role as clinical or non-clinical and how it promotes patient safety.
•Find two research articles and one expert opinion article about this role, and summarize the articles in a 3- to 5-page paper.
•The articles must be current (not more than five years old).
•Format your paper, citations, and references using correct APA Style.
Note: For information on how to use the library, you can access a tutorial from the Academic Resources tab under Course Home.
Assignment 4 Grading Criteria
1. Described the advanced practice nursing role (Nurse Practitioner) from South University.
2. Distinguished the role as clinical or non-clinical and how it promotes patient safety according to the NPSGs.
3. Summarized two research articles.
4. Summarized one expert opinion article.
5. Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.